How to Find the Perfect Babysitter
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Find A Babysitter and other Babysitter topics.
How can I find the perfect babysitter?
Want to find the perfect babysitter? Define your expectations. Sit down as a family to create your guidelines. Once your family has established its goals, put them in writing. This will eliminate any future misunderstandings, and give you an anchor as you interview prospective babysitters.
Some things to consider are:
- What gender and age are you looking for?
- Do you want a stern individual, or one that is more easy going?
- Will the babysitter be expected to prepare or serve meals?
- Is the babysitter welcome to eat the food in your home?
- How do you feel about the babysitter bringing guests?
- How much housekeeping is expected?
- What is the children's bedtime routine?
- What are the household rules?
- How will children be disciplined if the rules are not followed?
- What is the family plan in case of fire, extreme weather, and emergencies?
Once you know what you want, you can find a sitter that fits your vision. Sound too easy? Online networks like Babysitters4Hire.com allow you search profiles of several different babysitters at a time. You can find the babysitters that meet your guidelines, and then select the best candidate.