Identifying the Signs of Child Abuse
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Babysitter Wanted and other Babysitter topics.
What do I do if I see suspect physical abuse?
All child care providers, whether they are Los Angeles babysitters or babysitters in Butte, need to be able to recognize the signs of child abuse. When you register as a babysitter for Babysitters4Hire.com, you assume that you will not be touched by this serious issue. But in according to U.S. Government statistics in 2005, over 900,000 children were abused by adults. As a babysitter, you need to be able to identify the signs of abuse, which include:.
- Failure to provide basic food, clothing, hygiene
- Reckless disregard for the child's safety
- Refusal to provide timely health care.
- Abandoning the child without providing for their basic needs.
- Failure to enroll a child in school.
- Permitting or causing a child to miss school.
- Refusing to address a child's special education needs.
- Inadequate affection
- Exposure to spousal abuse
- Permitting a minor child to drink alcohol or use recreational drugs
- Failure to intervene when child demonstrated antisocial behavior
If you see any of these symptoms, call The Childheld National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (800-422-4453).