Outdoor Safety for Kids
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Babysitter Wanted and other Babysitter topics.
What outdoor safety issues should I keep in mind when babysitting?
Babysitters should take a moment to review the following summertime safety tips before taking children outdoors:
- Remember the sunblock. Sunburns are no fun.
- Keep plenty of cool water on hand when the weather is hot.
- If the children you are babysitting are younger than five, avoid parks or areas with unfenced bodies of water.
- Helmets and kneepads are a must when riding bicycles or skateboarding.
- Don't allow children to misuse equipment.
- If a play area has rusty equipment, or pieces of debris in the grass, go to a different area.
- Trampolines are a bad idea when you are responsible for someone else's child. Avoid them altogether.
Summers are a great time to pick up extra babysitting jobs at special events. Registering with an online service like babysitters4Hire.com, will keep a New York sitter busy all summer.