Water Safety Tips for Kids
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Babysitter Wanted and other Babysitter topics.
What safety tips should I keep in mind when taking kids to the pool?
Summertime babysitting means trips to the pool; keep these water safety tips in mind.
- Children under five or who are inexperienced swimmers should wear life jackets. Do not take a chance with another person's child.
- Reapply sunblock regularly when children are playing in the water.
- Make sure to take water, and remind the kids to take a drink at least every 30-45 minutes.
- Do not leave children under five unattended at any time at a pool or swimming area.
- Take a water safety course at your local Red Cross. It will help you get more babysitting jobs, and could save a child's life.
- Sometimes kids don't know their limits. If you see a child getting tired, make him or her take a break.
- When you take kids to the pool, read the rules with them every time.
San Fransisco babysitters can find summertime babysitting jobs by registering with Babysitters4Hire.com.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.