Toddler Safety Tips
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Babysitter Wanted and other Babysitter topics.
What safety issues shoul I consider when babysitting a toddler.
First time babysitting toddlers? Here are some safety tips you should keep in mind.
- Use the back burners of the stove when cooking to reduce the chance of a child reaching out and burning their hand, or pulling a pan off the stove.
- If you are cleaning, do not leave cleaning supplies on a table or counter where a toddler could grab them. Return all cleaning supplies to a locked cabinet when you are done using them.
- In the kitchen, keep electrical cords attached to appliances out of reach.
- Do not leave cups or glasses of extremely hot liquids sitting unguarded on tables or counters.
- Dispose of all plastic grocery bags immediately.
- Always check bathwater temperature before putting a child in the tub.
- Never leave a toddler unattended in the bathtub.
A great way for Los Angeles babysitters to get more experience is to register with Babysitters4Hire.com. Post your profile for Los Angeles parents to review when they need a babysitter.